Castle star Susan Sullivan gives update on lung cancer battle, says lymphoma is 'muted': 'I feel ... - DANY JRNL

ShowBiz & Sports Celebrities Lifestyle

Hot

Saturday, August 30, 2025

Castle star Susan Sullivan gives update on lung cancer battle, says lymphoma is 'muted': 'I feel ...

New Photo - Castle star Susan Sullivan gives update on lung cancer battle, says lymphoma is 'muted': 'I feel ...

Castle star Susan Sullivan gives update on lung cancer battle, says lymphoma is 'muted': 'I feel good'

Castle star Susan Sullivan gives update on lung cancer battle, says lymphoma is 'muted': 'I feel good'

"You really have to take care of yourself, period," said the actress, who also starred in the shows "Another World," "Falcon Crest," and "Dharma & Greg."

By Wesley Stenzel

August 30, 2025 12:51 p.m. ET

Leave a Comment

Susan Sullivan at the Saturn Awards in Burbank, Calif., on Oct. 25, 2022

Susan Sullivan at the Saturn Awards in Burbank in October 2022. Credit:

Jody Cortes/Getty

- Susan Sullivan revealed that her lung cancer is in remission and her lymphoma is "muted."

- The *Falcon Crest* actress said she is "sort of on hold," but she adds, "I feel good."

- The *Castle* star's doctors have recommended quarterly infusion therapy.

Susan Sullivan is doing well two years after she revealed her cancer diagnosis.

The actress, who played Maggie Channing on *Falcon Crest* for nine seasons, gave a promising update on her health in a new interview with PEOPLE, saying her lung cancer is in remission and her lymphoma is now "muted," though not completely gone.

Sullivan, 82, detailed her experience undergoing chemotherapy for the lymphoma, which is a type of blood cancer.

"At first it was all right, but then when it started to be painful, to have that chemo was like burning hot liquid going into your veins, and then your veins collapse and they can't find a vein," the *Castle* actress recalled. "I wasn't quite the adventurous, smiling, positive creature. I was more, 'F---, no, I'm not going back.'"

Susan Sullivan on 'Castle'

Susan Sullivan on 'Castle'.

Eric Liebowitz/Disney General Entertainment Content via Getty

All things considered, though, Sullivan thinks she's had a relatively positive experience during treatment. "When you're going through this kind of therapy or chemotherapy, people have different reactions to it," she said. "It wasn't so terrible for me, but it affects your heart. It affects your whole system. So then you really have to take care of yourself, period. That's where I am. I'm basically sort of on hold, but I feel good and all through this."

'Bachelorette' alum Katie Thurston says she's 'optimistic' about her breast cancer diagnosis, but will 'never be cured'

Katie Thurston

Teddi Mellencamp says she 'truly believes that I'm gonna live' amid 50/50 cancer diagnosis

Teddi Mellencamp visits the Trü Frü backstage portrait studio at iHeartRadio's 102.7 KIIS FM Wango Tango concert on May 10, 2025 in Huntington Beach, California.

Sullivan, who was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2023 and announced her lymphoma diagnosis this past January, also offered her number-one strategy for staying healthy.

"If I could give older people, people aging, any advice: Work out," she said. "I work out twice a week. I do resistance training, and I worked out all through the pandemic. I worked out after the lung cancer surgery. I did what I could do, and it was always modified, but it is so essential to stay strong, particularly while you're aging, because you're sort of trying to keep up."

***Sign up for *'s* free daily newsletter to get breaking TV news, exclusive first looks, recaps, reviews, interviews with your favorite stars, and more.***

Susan Sullivan in the ABC TV movie 'The New Maverick' in 1978

Susan Sullivan in the ABC TV movie 'The New Maverick' in 1978.

American Broadcasting Companies via Getty

The *Dharma & Greg *and *The Incredible Hulk *actress also said her doctors want her to have infusion therapy every quarter, but she feels somewhat resistant to that plan.

"I have a tendency to be in the soft blanket of denial, and I said, 'I would rather see how my body does on its own and do a PET scan in November as opposed to an infusion in August,' so that's where I am," Sullivan said. "There are people who say, 'Oh, just do the maintenance, do it, do it, and I think maybe I should see what my body wants to do. I don't want to sit there for five hours with a needle in my arm if I don't absolutely have to."

The actress maintains a hopeful attitude amid her health struggles. "I've had a really, really fortunate time on this planet so far," she said, "and I want it to continue."**

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Celebrity"

Read More


Source: VOGUE MAG

Full Article on Source: VOGUE MAG

#LALifestyle #USCelebrities