The Summer I Turned Pretty stars Lola Tung and Christopher Briney unpack that steamy finale scene - DANY JRNL

ShowBiz & Sports Celebrities Lifestyle

Hot

Thursday, September 18, 2025

The Summer I Turned Pretty stars Lola Tung and Christopher Briney unpack that steamy finale scene

New Photo - The Summer I Turned Pretty stars Lola Tung and Christopher Briney unpack that steamy finale scene

Plus, the stars reveal what they want to see in the upcoming movie. The Summer I Turned Pretty stars Lola Tung and Christopher Briney unpack that steamy finale

Plus, the stars reveal what they want to see in the upcoming movie.

The Summer I Turned Pretty stars Lola Tung and Christopher Briney unpack that steamy finale scene

Plus, the stars reveal what they want to see in the upcoming movie.

By Sydney Bucksbaum

Sydney Bucksbaum

Sydney Bucksbaum

Sydney Bucksbaum is a writer at covering all things pop culture – but TV is her one true love. She currently lives in Los Angeles but grew up in Chicago so please don't make fun of her accent when it slips out.

EW's editorial guidelines

September 18, 2025 11:09 a.m. ET

Leave a Comment

The Summer I Turned Pretty Ending Explained

Christopher Briney as Conrad and Lola Tung as Belly on 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'. Credit:

**This article contains spoilers for *The Summer I Turned Pretty *season 3 finale, "At Last."**

It took three seasons, but Belly (Lola Tung) and Conrad's (Christopher Briney) romantic reunion was more than worth the wait on *The Summer I Turned Pretty. *

The series finale — which is technically now just a season finale with news of the upcoming movie — delivered the "Bonrad" scenes that Team Conrad fans had been begging for. After Conrad surprised Belly in Paris on her birthday, initial awkwardness melted away over a day of sightseeing before her pre-birthday dinner with friends. And when Conrad learned that Benito (Fernando Cattori) was *not* Belly's boyfriend, the door opened for the two exes to have open, honest, and mature conversations about their relationship and the past, leading to an extended — and very steamy — sex scene in a taxi, hallway, and ultimately Belly's bed.

It's an understatement to say that the fans gathered inside the Théâtre Marigny in Paris at Wednesday night's series finale event were screaming and losing their minds as that scene played on the big screen. But Tung and Briney actually had no idea, because they left the audience before it got to that point. "I was sitting in the bar getting hammered," Briney tells ** on Thursday at the Shangri-La Hotel in Paris the morning after the finale red carpet event.

Tung reveals that her mother was in the theater watching while she and Briney were at the bar waiting it out — so she didn't have to experience seeing herself in a sex scene while seated next to her mother. "But my mom's always been really supportive and understands that it's all a part of the job and art," Tung says. "It was really, really nice that she was there."

The Summer I Turned Pretty, Season 3, Episode 11, Belly and Conrad

Lola Tung and Christopher Briney on 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'.

While the sex scene means a lot to the fans, Tung and Briney both admit they don't even remember reading it in the script for the first time. They do, however, remember filming it, and they both praise the intimacy coordinator who was on set as well as creator Jenny Han and director Jesse Peretz with making sure they were both comfortable with every aspect of the scene. "And making sure that these characters feel like everything's been leading up to this, and they're both super enthusiastic about this moment," Tung explains.

It's a part of Belly's story that wasn't in the books at all, since she never actually slept with either brother before ending up with Conrad. But Tung loves how Han added that mature storyline for the TV show, since it's a "normal thing."

"It's important to show safe and consensual and enthusiastic moments like that for young women," Tung says. "Jenny wanted to make a few updates and changes to the story, and I like that she was able to do that — and that we also get to see that Belly's having other experiences in Paris as well, not just with the brothers."

The third season ended just as it does in Han's third book in the trilogy, *We'll Always Have Summer*, with Belly and Conrad's reunion. However, events played out differently on the show as Conrad surprised Belly in Paris on her birthday. After they hooked up, they fought, cried, and almost ended things for good before ultimately declaring their love for each other. The emotional roller coaster all began thanks to Conrad's offhand comment in bed that Belly is stuck with him "forever," which immediately threw Belly's walls back up as she spiraled about their relationship.

Here's who Belly chose in 'The Summer I Turned Pretty' series finale and how it all ends

The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3, Episode 9

'The Summer I Turned Pretty' creator reveals everything to know about upcoming movie and when to expect it

The Summer I Turned Pretty, Season 3, Episode 11, Belly and Conrad

"We tried that line a few different ways, because it's a tricky one," Briney says. "Like how genuine is he? And I think we decided on it's just supposed to be playful, but not the right word." Briney laughs as he adds, "I think he realized that pretty quick. He's like, 'It was just a funny joke. Laugh, please!'"

Belly was definitely not laughing. Tung says that "joke" freaked Belly out, because she's already worried about hurting anyone else again after what happened with Jeremiah (Gavin Casalegno).

"You see this complete reversal of like Conrad and Belly have sort of switched places, where Belly was always the one who poured her heart out," Tung says. "They've both grown and they've both almost taken on things from each other, which is beautiful. They balance each other out but she's so, so scared of hurting this person who she's loved for so long, and she knows she still loves. And she admits that, and I think it's so mature of them to actually have a proper conversation about it."

The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3, Episode 11

Christopher Briney and Lola Tung on 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'.

But Belly's spiraling then, in turn, made Conrad spiral, as he worried that Belly didn't love him anymore.

"Most of this last episode, you see him teetering between his decision to finally take that step and be dangerous and being like, 'I don't want to hurt other people and I don't want to overstep,'" Briney says. "So there's a real like, 'Oh f---,' moment for him where he is like, 'I am sorry that I may have overstepped or put you in this position.'"

Thankfully, it resulted in Belly and Conrad having the most honest conversation of their entire lives, that both Tung and Briney loved since they'd never really gotten to play that before. "It's a great scene," Tung says. "And obviously right after that, Belly's like, 'Nah, nevermind.'"

Belly first sent Conrad away, before she had a major epiphany that she will always love Conrad and deserves love in her life. Cue the epic, classic rom-com trope of Belly running through the streets of Paris and the train station to find Conrad again to make her ultimate declaration of love.

The Summer I Turned Pretty, Season 3, Episode 11, Belly and Conrad

Lola Tung and Christopher Briney on 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'.

"Oh my god, we filmed in Montmartre and it's so hilly!" Tung says with a laugh. "I used to play sports and I don't anymore, and it [was clear]. The show was my workout."

She finally got to rest in the next scene when Belly found Conrad on his train to Brussels, which they actually filmed on a moving train. "We would go back and forth," Briney reveals. "It was like 30 minutes this way, 30 minutes that way. That was the most guerrilla s--- we've done for the show. It was pretty wild, dude."

Since Belly boarded the train, does that mean she traveled all the way to Brussels to spend the weekend with Conrad — and did he ever even make it to the conference? Tung and Briney laugh as they imagine the immediate aftermath, deciding that Belly likely didn't stay in Brussels with Conrad.

***Sign up for *'s* free daily newsletter to get breaking TV news, exclusive first looks, recaps, reviews, interviews with your favorite stars, and more.***

"She had nothing with her," Tung points out. "I think she probably rode on the train with him and then went back. And then she definitely stayed in Paris, and then you see the Christmas pictures, which are so lovely because Conrad came back to Paris. Why not? And they kept living their lives and probably still wrote to each other, and then went back to Cousins eventually."**

That*** ***"eventually" will soon be explored in the upcoming movie, which Tung and Briney helped announce. As the cast and fans gathered inside the Théâtre Marigny to screen the series finale, the actors secretly slipped back outside to the red carpet where a new "*The Summer I Turned Pretty* The Movie" sign had been put up. Tung and Briney snapped sultry photos in front of the marquee, which then greeted the audience as they exited the theater, revealing that Belly and Conrad's story isn't over yet.

Does that mean Belly and Conrad's wedding could still be coming? "I don't know," admits Tung. "Jenny wouldn't tell us!"

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL TV"

Read More


Source: VOGUE MAG

Full Article on Source: VOGUE MAG

#LALifestyle #USCelebrities